Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A Very Special First Birthday


I don't know about you, but when I found out I was pregnant Pinterest became my favorite website.  I would pin everything from funny onesies to first birthday ideas.  She hadn't even arrived yet and her first birthday was planned.  



Unfortunately, things can change in the blink of an eye.  Planning a fun-filled birthday with family and friends seemed pointless after Hailey passed.  All I could think about was if I would be getting out of bed that day.  I decided that I wanted to celebrate her day anyways.  Once Mike and I decided celebrating was something we wanted needed to do, the wheels began to spin.

Every month we send balloons to Hailey with a love note attached.  Mike and I were the only ones who did this.  Sometimes some of our family would join us, but for the most part, it was something we did.  Just the three of us.  I thought it would be fun to let our friends and family join us for her first birthday balloon release.  A date was set, invitations were ordered, and plans were made.  






It wasn't the first birthday I had expected a year ago, but it was everything I hoped it would be.  We were blessed to have so many join us to celebrate.  Those who couldn't make it, wrote their own love notes to Hailey for us to send to her.  We were even blessed to have our favorite photographer come and capture the day for us!  Narci did a fantastic job and we are so thankful for her love and support.   


Thank you to all who came out on June 14th.  We couldn't have asked for a better first birthday for our Little Miss.










Happy First Birthday my littlest love.  Mommy and Daddy love and miss you more than anything.

  

Love,

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment